Rally wheel trim rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone know if the corvette style trim tings are the same as the truck rally rings. The wheels are 15x8 so I think they use a 3 inch ring. Is they're a difference in style or fitment. I just need to know as I need to order a new set. Any suggestions from those who have bought them in the past? A decent quality part from a reputable company. Thank you.
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The truck rings have a smooth curved transition from the lip to the inner.

The Corvette ones have a more square transition with a secondary step.

Interchangeable.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You can also run the GMT400 trim rings, they don't go as far in, but do sit correctly and to me make the wheel look like a slightly larger diameter as the ring is "slimmer"

Richard

Like that combo with the Astro centers!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Where do you get quality trim rings? 15x8 oem style btw

Those wheels are 15x7...

Like that combo with the Astro centers!

Thanks.. I think you gave me the idea from an earlier version of your truck? Or it was someone else on here, dunno, too many years have passed.

For those wondering, they're later model Astro van caps, before the pattern changed to 6 lug. Problem is the regular black plastic lug caps on most GMT400's aren't long enough to hold them on. I think I also pulled the little spacer plugs out of the back of them (if they have 'em, I might be confusing them with pulling the plugs out of dually caps to run them on Frito van 8 lug 19.5's) ... anyway to fit on a 15x8 Rally like my pic, they take the somewhat uncommon deeper shoulder caps (20mm vs. usual 14mm) that were only used on the 90-91 5 spoke alloy wheels with the black centers. You can probably still buy them new from LMC but at a couple bucks each+ they add up quick.

Richard