Best 8 inch wheel trim rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 87 down 15 x 8 inch truck rally wheels on my 92 Silverado. What trim rings is best for them and where do I get them? jess

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I ran the wheels you're talking about with the regular GMT400 trim rings and thought they looked just right. Obviously a matter of personal taste! They're only slightly different from the rings that come with those wheels.

The original trim rings for a 15x8 truck Rally are wide and cover over the "step" in the hoop of the wheel. To me it's an old school look and for a newer truck seemed a little out of place. They look good, but it wasn't my taste, and also I was missing a couple of them.
You must be registered for see images attach

I went with the regular GMT400 trim rings which are a little narrower. Also ran an Astro van center cap which to make them fit correctly takes spending a few bucks; they use the regular externally threaded lug nuts from a 400 but you have to use the early black plastic lug caps from 89-90 because they're deeper and get enough thread engagement that the caps won't fall off. I guess some have made them work with the more common 91-up lug caps but they didn't feel secure to me.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the giant pics, figured it would be best to show the slight difference in them.

Richard

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I like the skinny ones too. Ran those on a couple square bodies I had many years ago.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amazon has beauty rings. I’m a fan of astro van caps ;)
rally’s look better on gmt400’s more than square bodys to me. Just a timeless look with wide tires and a small drop.