R4 Scroll Compressor Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
High pressure shut off 1st, then you just ground the OE wire to the T-Stat and it'll work just fine.

The fresh door will move to recirc in Hi/Med, full cold, dash vents selected if I ground the OE pigtail, I was saying I really like the 'auto' fresh/recirc function, but you're right, its prob worth giving up a gimmicky feature. to avoid another compressor warranty replacement.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have gone to the Sanden 508 series compressors on all my stuff and they work great in this Texas heat...
Sanden also makes either a 508 or a 510 with a R4 rear head. Many companies offer conversion brackets to bolt the directly to R4 brackets.

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sanden also makes either a 508 or a 510 with a R4 rear head. Many companies offer conversion brackets to bolt the directly to R4 brackets.
I would be interested in trying this out. If I'm able to use adapters, etc. so I can use the existing R4 bracket... I'd definitely get a sanden to resolve this.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did sanden conversion on my 91 square using stock lines. Had an adapter to extend one of them.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be interested in trying this out. If I'm able to use adapters, etc. so I can use the existing R4 bracket... I'd definitely get a sanden to resolve this.
I have since figured out the SD7H15 only works well on a single evaporator sytem, forget trying to use one on a dual system, just FYI.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SD7H15HD-FLX worked well on dual system on 91 suburban for me. Parallel flow condenser and elec fan were also added. Held cabin cool in 100+ degree heat idling for over an hour. Was stuck at copart lot mid summer in Houston waiting for a vehicle and had 3 people with me.
Edit: Also had the heater valve added to kill heater flow

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SD7H15HD-FLX worked well on dual system on 91 suburban for me. Parallel flow condenser and elec fan were also added. Held cabin cool in 100+ degree heat idling for over an hour. Was stuck at copart lot mid summer in Houston waiting for a vehicle and had 3 people with me.
Edit: Also had the heater valve added to kill heater flow

Wildblue19 and I both had cooling issues with the Sanden and dual a/c here in Texas summer heat.