Quick question for possible futre reference..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering who made a good quality direct bolt on solid axle conversion kit for a 90 chevy 4wd rcsb. I dont want to break the bank and if I can find one at a good price then I will just pawn the never used rcx lift and all the parts to recoupe some money. Further more, what all would I need, what should I look for, and are thier any tips or pointers. I dont really want weld on because Ive already got the frame mint and finished I dont want to have to do parts of it over again and want to be able to have the option to go bigger if I want in the future. Ik the ifs rides better but I am worried with 38s I will break alot of things or wear them out very quickly. So any tips, suggestions, and what kit and where to get it would be greatly apreciated....as well as a possible rough idea how much this little brain fart would cost lol

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no clue, but I know I'm interested in your RCX haha

my friend got a custom kit from Cali but he payed out the rear for it.... Its the 6 inch upgraded shocks, boots, steering stabilizer....all has been undercoated over the powder coat for better protection and a nice uniform color :headbang: but first before any thing happens I gotta see if I can get something that still leaves me with money to finish the poor truck :weld:

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look at oru (offroad unlimited) they have the sas kits as well as just parts and I think it's sky manufacturing that is also widely used correct me if I'm wrong. There should be a few threads around here that cover this just search a bit

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
couldn't I just find like an old k20 or 30 and steal the stuff from that and then buy shackles?

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you can use gm stuff most people just use fords for the Dana front ends I believe

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why the preference of ford front ends...I thought that would mean you would have to buy new gears and run a different transfer case?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
why the preference of ford front ends...I thought that would mean you would have to buy new gears and run a different transfer case?

Because to use a chevy or dodge front end you would need to change transfer cases since they are passenger side diff.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because to use a chevy or dodge front end you would need to change transfer cases since they are passenger side diff.

but couldn't you use both the transfer case and axles out of the old k10 or whatever, then be ahead of the game and then scrap the truck to recoupe money?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
You would need the transmission,t case shifter,transfer case, springs,diffs...basically enough parts you might as well just build the donor truck... The ford diff allows you to keep the stock transfer case, transfer case shifter, vss...it may seem.easier to get a gm donor when it isnt...all you need for the ford diff is the diff,springs,mount kit,and steering kit. Using the gm parts you need all the above plus the parts I listed earlier in this post along with reworking the transfer case mount crossmember.