Questions: Preparations for a rebuilt motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Thomas

Reaction score
Two Questions, hopefully y'all can point me in the right direction.

1) I'm wanting to get my motor rebuilt in my '92. It's a TBI 350. Where can I find a list of sensors that I'll need to replace when having my motor rebuilt?

2) I'm wanting to swap my heads to a set of Chevrolet performance Vortec heads. I'm planning to swap my Steering Shaft out with a Jeep Cherokee one. Will I run into issues with clearance from Headers or Exhaust Manifolds?

Thanks in advance!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Two Questions, hopefully y'all can point me in the right direction.

1) I'm wanting to get my motor rebuilt in my '92. It's a TBI 350. Where can I find a list of sensors that I'll need to replace when having my motor rebuilt?

2) I'm wanting to swap my heads to a set of Chevrolet performance Vortec heads. I'm planning to swap my Steering Shaft out with a Jeep Cherokee one. Will I run into issues with clearance from Headers or Exhaust Manifolds?

Thanks in advance!
1) if all the sensors worked before and still look good id leave them be. While to motor os out is a good time to replace wires if you find any broken or cracked ones.

2) ive never seen anyone have problems with the xj shaft and headers. From the looks of the pics on the conversion thread there is tons of room.

retorq

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need a bit more stuff for that head swap. You should have the passengers side head drilled for the internal cooling bypass system as the Vortec engines don't have that provision and your old block will.