Questions on alarm system and wiring!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Blazer

Reaction score
New guy here sorry for the long post.

Just bought a 94 blazer 4X4 a few weeks ago! Its awesome! I noticed that none of my interior lights were coming on, first things first I checked the fuse box and sure enought the fuse was not there. As I was putting a new fuse in it sparked a bit, the lights turned on for about 5 sec then blew the fuse. I mess around with the fuse box for abit long checking all the fuses, then my parking lights begin to flash and the truck would not start. I found out that I have a Centinela alarm (anyone ever heard of it?). Do you think my wiring problems for the interior lights is a result of a piss poor alarm install? I took out the alarm box for now so I can drive it. Should I remove the whole alarm or try and find a key fob for it? found a centinela key fob on ebay but not sure it would work.

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK parking light flashing and the truck not starting sounds like the alarm was going off but it either doesn't have a siren, or it wasn't connected. As for the interior lights are we just talking about the dome/courtesy lights, or are we talking about the dash lights too? If it's just the dome/courtesy lights all I can think is the alarm may be wired into them to turn them on when the alarm is deactivated. The alarm I put in my truck does that. If thats the case they may have hooked the wrong wire to the dome light or the wire is shorted somewhere? It's really hard to diagnose without looking at the alarm wiring. have you tried putting a volt meter on the fuse panel for the dome fuse to see what it's reading?

94Blazer

Reaction score
Yeah I figured there was no siren hooked up. No it is just my courtesy lights. I got back under there today the wiring job they did is horrible! I am just going to take it out. No I need to go get one its on the list of items to get!

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought an omega on ebay for pretty cheap and it does everything I need it to. If you buy a couple of relays you can even add keyless entry provided you already have power locks.