Questions on a spindle swap to get a 4WD 96 Tahoe much lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Reaction score
I have a 4wd Tahoe that currently has lowering keys for a GMT800 and shackles. I want to know if anyone here has put a drop spindle from a GMT800 on and what it took. My plans are spindles, coil overs to ditch the torsion bars, hangers for the back along with my shackles and a notch. I also want to know if putting on CTS V rotors (redrilled obviously) would work with CTS V calipers or if I should just run GMT800 rotors. Thanks

skyhighsami

Reaction score
That's the plan, I think the tapper of the ball joint on the GMT800 spindle has to be changed. But my goal was to do it to get another 2" drop with correct suspension geometry and ability to swap to bigger better brakes. People have been putting Z06 brakes on GMT800 for a while, I think some have done CTS-V but I can't remember for sure. All they've needed was a caliper bracket for the front and rear.