question!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

takt

Reaction score
So i have my daily driver that came with these rims that rub a little when turned to the left.ive been wanting to lower it by cutting the springs will it rub more?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on where they are rubbing. If the are rubbing on the inside due to improper offset they will always rub. If the are rubbing on the fender lips they will rub more when lowered. Lowering isn't likely to improve a bad condition but will more than likely make it worse. If they only rub turning left it could also be something to have a good alignment shop look at if the wheels are turning more one way than the other. Check to see if you have equal space from the rear of the tire to the fender on each side with the wheels straight. Should be within a 1/4". If not measure from the grease fitting on the lower ball joint to a spot on the frame back in the middle of the truck on both sides to see if they measure the same.
If you do have alignment problems go to a real alignment shop not a discount tire store that does free alignments.

takt

Reaction score
It depends on where they are rubbing. If the are rubbing on the inside due to improper offset they will always rub. If the are rubbing on the fender lips they will rub more when lowered. Lowering isn't likely to improve a bad condition but will more than likely make it worse. If they only rub turning left it could also be something to have a good alignment shop look at if the wheels are turning more one way than the other. Check to see if you have equal space from the rear of the tire to the fender on each side with the wheels straight. Should be within a 1/4". If not measure from the grease fitting on the lower ball joint to a spot on the frame back in the middle of the truck on both sides to see if they measure the same.
If you do have alignment problems go to a real alignment shop not a discount tire store that does free alignments.
Thank you!