question on airbags??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i deceided to wait on the performance for now and planning on baggin my 95silverado so im not all that familiar with airbags i knw some things not alot tho what setup would yall recommend for me and what website would i buy it from i knw about airbagit.com prices on kits seem pretty good i do plan to add performance parts to make mi truck faster in the future some ppl tell me i cant really be racing anymore once i add baggs and some say its just on the setup i do?? my truck is mi daily driver i dont knw if that matters any thanks in advanced

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
There are several places to look into. Suicidedoors.com Avsontheweb.com Ridetech.com and others. Other ppl might know some more but that's what I can remember. Stay away from airbagit.com or chassis tech. They sell crap and have really bad customer service.

You can have a performance bag set up. It's just in the parts you get and how you set it up.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o really i didnt knw airbagit sold crappy things thanks for letting me knw and ridetech airbag kit cost more than what i paid for my truck lol what is a good setup for performance?

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i pretty much wana buy a airbag kit thats for my truck i dont wana be buying diff parts from diff websites unless its really necessary

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found this kit on fbirides.com for about $1,379.95 idk if all this is good it comes with this

4- Air Lift Dominator 1/2" Port Airbags
8- Blitzluft BlackJack 1/2" Electric Valves
1- 50 foot roll of 1/2" DOT air line
1- Complete brass DOT compression fitting package
1- 7 Gallon Air Tank
1- Viair 380 200psi Air Compressor
1- 145 psi Pressure Switch
1- Acrylic switchbox- 10 switch prewired
1- Monster Notch Kit
1- Front Bag Bracket set (universal coil cups)
1- Rear Bag Bracket set (over-axle)

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
personally i HATE FBI. their customer service has sucked every time i have contacted them!! i bought a roll pan from them, and it was the flimsyest piece of sh*t i have ever had the misfortune to work with!

Suicidedoors, and avs have very good customer support, and will do you right on everything, i love avs's rocker switchboxes, although they are a bit pricey, its well worth it IMO.

the fullsize i bagged, i went with almost all my parts from suicidedoors, and ran re8's all around, 8 gallon tank, dual viair 480's, (4) 1/2" valves for fills, and (4) 3/8" valves for dumps, and 1/2" lines... it was very controlled lifting and dropping.

i bagged the front of my s10 (my first baggin project) with almost the same setup as the fullsize..

as for the kit that you listed there, i dont trust their metal work, a single viair 380 will be slow as **** on a 7 gallon tank, acrylic switchboxes are out of the 90's, and there is better technology now (avs switchbox *cough*), i have no personal oppinion on air lift bags, although i have heard of the bag separating severly, i run slam specialties bags when i can....

fittings will be the most expensive part of your experience.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok ya like im just trying to find out what i could use that will work good and wont cost an arm and leg lol but the reason i dont want to order my kit in different parts is because idk that much about air suspension so i wont knw what to order

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im looking at the kit from AVS the 4-VALVE AVS AIR BAG KIT WITH NOTCH & 4-LINK is what it says and runs about$1625.00 is that a good kit??

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I don't know about FBI. It has been floating around on the other forums that they are out of business. So you might just want to stay with the other companies. I hear you on ridetech being expensive. I have the ART tubular arms and they were not cheap.

Now when building a kit or buying one all together, keep in mind that there are a lot of little things that add to the total. Like wire, cutting wheels and tools, welding supplies, bolts and other little odds and ends that are not in the "kit". Do your homework. Plan the system out. This will help a lot when you go to install it.

I prefer slam bags. I have had a set on my truck for several years with no problems. Avs switchboxes are a good choice. They are not big and bulky like the 90's 10 switch box. 1/2 valves are nice but are really fast. You will need to get flow controls to slow things down.

Other things needed that are not in that kit are water traps so you don't get water in your tanks and check valves to keep air from back feeding into the tank from the bags.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i hear u would it be best to go by the local ''custom shop" and maybe get them to do the work aswell order the airbag kit?