Question: Newer Truck Sunvisor in 88-98 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing newer (say 2007-2013 or the 2014 up Chevrolet Silverado Sunvisors in our 88-98 trucks? I have a 1995 and the sunvisors are really crappy, thin feels like cardboard, flop around, no nice mirror for the wife on the passenger side. I know the mounting hardware is different but has anyone installed a pair? I personally would like to have the extra clip in the inner end as well to keep it in place. I cant find any photos etc or videos where this has been done. I'm not willing to weld new metal into the cab etc. Just looking for a simple install. So, I gotta ask - has anyone done it? Photos? I see plenty of newer ones on ebay for a decent price? Sunvisors are neglected by many I think but they are important to finish off a nice truck. I would like to keep a stockish look but have improvements of the newer trucks. I may add a later rear view mirror too. Things that would look factory to someone who didn't know better. Many Thanks for any responses.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I know that you can install 99-02 (maybe 03-06/07?) visors. I know Suburbans and/or Tahoes have pretty loaded visors, with a mirror, light, and extension piece of the visor. That's what I want to install is a pair of Suburban visors.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running loaded visors from a 98 Suburban in my 99 c3500 w/t cclb.

I grabbed the harness & auto-dim/compass mirror also from the donor vehicle. lowered the front of the headliner enough to slide the c-clips into the slots & run the harness, clipping it in the same holes, then made 2 small holes in the headliner for the inboard visor mounts. The hard part was snaking the harness between the dash & a-pillar. then its just a matter of making it work @ the fuse box ie: correct plug end, is there power in that port or are you going to tap it into something else?

Snowmanii

Reaction score
I am running loaded visors from a 98 Suburban in my 99 c3500 w/t cclb.

I grabbed the harness & auto-dim/compass mirror also from the donor vehicle. lowered the front of the headliner enough to slide the c-clips into the slots & run the harness, clipping it in the same holes, then made 2 small holes in the headliner for the inboard visor mounts. The hard part was snaking the harness between the dash & a-pillar. then its just a matter of making it work @ the fuse box ie: correct plug end, is there power in that port or are you going to tap it into something else?
How much of the harness did you get? Did you get mirror harness too? What did you do for the compass signal?

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 2 sun visors & rear view mirror are all in one harness, I took the whole thing. It goes from the pass visor to the mirror, then to the driver visor, then down the a-pillar, down the side of the dash & into the fuse box. It will be clipped to the truck every so often, I used a pick to push in the pins so that I can reuse them on my truck.
Hard part is getting the plug end to squeeze between the dash & a-pillar.
If the donor vehicle has an overhead console or temp in the mirror, then there will be extra wiring.
The compass sensor is in the mirror.
Both the visors & the mirror use the same power feed.
Depending on your truck & the donors, the plug might not be the correct one to fit your fuse box, you'll either have to cut & tap, procure the correct plug end or just make sure its correct 1st.
The mirror & sun visors use the existing mount style, so no mods/swaps there.

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that you can install 99-02 (maybe 03-06/07?) visors. I know Suburbans and/or Tahoes have pretty loaded visors, with a mirror, light, and extension piece of the visor. That's what I want to install is a pair of Suburban visors.
yes my 99 tahoe has the mirror and light.

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see the multipiece visor now in the link. Does anyone have photo so have they installed std style later chev truck visors?