Question about power buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcrippledan

Reaction score
Thanks for the washer tip! I had wondered about that..

Also, if I decide to just make them stationary, no power or adjustments at all, then I wouldn't need the rails correct? And, sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by the uprights? Are they just like the brackets to help keep the seat in place?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Oh dude! Those seats are SICK!!!

Thanks! My work.
Before.

You must be registered for see images attach

The uprights/risers are the 6"-8" stamped steel pieces between the tracks & the floor.
You can see them just under the front of the seat.
You'd need tracks of some kind between the seats & the uprights, 'cause I don't think that the bolt holes in the seat will line up with the holes in the uprights. Manual or electric, don't matter.

Last edited:

bigcrippledan

Reaction score
Ooooh I see! Ok, now I know what you're talking about!

And dude..that is some killer work. I'm going to be looking around for a good upholstery guy here where I live. Wish you were in my area, haha. I think I saw in another thread that you had your own shop. I would definitely go to you were we in the same area lol.

Thanks for all the pointers on this thus far man.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No problem!
That interior has a ton of miles on it. It's 7 years old, now! Just in the process of tearing it all apart & redoing it.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup! Wasn't too hard at all. An easy afternoon. Hardest part was lugging the seats into the cab! As usual!
The same with mine, too. Can't tell that it was originally a bench seat truck.

Another thing. Use the biggest washers possible on the underside of the floor for the new inside bolt holes. Don't want those bolts pulling through the floor.

I drilled the spotwelds on a cab at the junkyard and pulled the nut/flange from under the floor. I welded it in place after bolting everything in place.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I drilled the spotwelds on a cab at the junkyard and pulled the nut/flange from under the floor. I welded it in place after bolting everything in place.

Better yet!
But a welder + an upholstery shop is b-a-d ju-ju!!! Same idea as what happens in a sawmill. One spark & it's the closest thing to spontaneous cumbustion you'll ever see. Probably the last one, too! Lol! Not even a second to say...oh ****.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better yet!
But a welder + an upholstery shop is b-a-d ju-ju!!! Same idea as what happens in a sawmill. One spark & it's the closest thing to spontaneous cumbustion you'll ever see. Probably the last one, too! Lol! Not even a second to say...oh ****.

:rofl: now that's funny:rofl:

Sent from somewhere in MN

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
^ hes serious which makes it even funnier. next time walk into an interior shop and go in and out a few times and smell all the wonderful chemicals, glues, paints, etc that youve never heard of lingering in the air. just like a fab shop you can see a thick cloud of haze in the air full of dust and debris.