quality pad and rotor replacement for 6 lug options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to replace the the pads and rotors on my 98 2 dr hoe. I do NOT want junk from the auto parts stores. Has anyone had good success with the OEM replacement rotors from AcDelco? Rock Auto list a few different part numbers for rotors and pads and they are classed in Economy, DD, and extreme duty. I do not tow with my truck nor do I wheel it. I just want a good brake rotor.pad combo that does not make a ton of brake dust. My current pads make a mess of my wheels and the rotors have a deep lip on them.

I found these rotors

ACDelco 18A1009
ACDelco 18A1008

Pads Im up in the air about. I need to decide of going with ceramic or semi metallic is better for a DD truck with 33s.

Just looking to see what you guys think of the delcos. I am not replacing calipers as they were replaced last year. I would like to upgrade to stainless brake lines as well.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Ceramic won't create as much dust. El cheapo pass are made from cast iron dust and that is why they are dirty. You can also drill the rotors yourself and it will help with stopping power as well. They won't be easy to drill and I would recommend a carbide drill.

Sent from Robl@nd

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I have ceramics and they stop great, if you're looking to spend a little money I would look into EBC pads, I think either the blue stuff or yellow stuff pads are the DD pads

Sent from my awesome S5

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had the power stop drilled and slotted rotors with their ceramic pads on several vehicles and I have been extremely happy with them. I know that you don't want junk on there but those really are quality products that did reduce stopping distance. You do have a slight noise, almost like a Jake brake in the far distance when applying the brakes.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have ceramics and they stop great, if you're looking to spend a little money I would look into EBC pads, I think either the blue stuff or yellow stuff pads are the DD pads

Sent from my awesome S5

Im not looking to break the bank on rotors and pads. I still need to buy new brake hoses as well as new struts and shocks

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I don't have any experience in the truck world with this but EBC makes phenomenal brakes I know from mustangs. They're typically a little over-the-top for dailys but their quality is great.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I haven't looked into the price of them but I can't see them braking the bank. I've heard that they have improved stopping power and that might just be worth the extra price

Sent from my awesome S5

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like the EBC pads are about $100. I'll pass on them. I just need a good quality replacement pad and rotor kit along with two new brake hoses. Id rather spend the extra money on stainless brake hoses which IMO will have a better effect on stopping the truck than a "upgraded" pad set.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just putting this in this thread for reference.

Skyjacker stainless brake hose kit for the front. 0-3" lift part number SKYFBL97 just over $100

4-6" lift SKYFBL88

rear 2-6" lift SKYRBL88 just over $55

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Great stopping power that doesn't cost a fortune: Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic pads. Highly recommended.

Richard