Pypes Violator Vs. Magnaflow XL Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys I need your help, I have looked up youtube vids for both these mufflers, but want some real world advice.
When I put in my drop hangers I want to redo my muffler and outlet.
I currently have LT's single 3" pipe into a 3" high flow cat then into a 14" long SI/SO THrush welded, it sounds good, no drone, but is to quiet for me.
I am looking at both of the mufflers in the title in a 14" flavor and want to go right out in front of the rear tire with a single wall 3" to 4" tip.

Any experience or reviews on these mufflers?
I want louder but don't want any nasty drone when cruising like with crappy Flowmaster mufflers.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: uh oh caught cross posting, I wish this wasn't such a hard decision.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
When I had a Mustang GT I tried a few set ups. Flowmaster 40's are the best mufflers (IMO) they are pretty much skid plates, sounded like America, they did drone a little but it was music to my ears. they are not the loudest but sound just right. I later had violators but when my Auto shifted it made a fart sound...but then it sounded bad ass really loud on the highway.
Then I bought my K1500 with a magnaflow cat back on it. sounded like S H I T ! So i cut it off and now its just got the stock Cat then about 3 feet of pipe sounds like a chevy now. i also want to make a system just like what you are talking about! I think the 4inch tip is the way to go and keep it tucked up most of the way so it doesnt look stupid.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I hate Flowmaster and their sound and drone. I have had about 5 different setups on this truck and just want to find the right one.
Don't get me wrong, the Thrush sounds great, is deep, no drone, but even with LT's and high flow cat it is still to quiet and not bad in the cab at all, that is why I want louder and still keep drone to almost zero other then a few spots that aren't cruising RPM.

I have always liked Magnaflow sound and I think the XL muffler in a 14" flavor with a 4" tip tucked in front of the rear tire could be louder, much deeper, better low end, and still no drone.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Look into Dynomax Bullet Race Mufflers or SLP Loud Mouth's

I have 2 Flowmaster 10 Series Race Mufflers on mine currently, they're dumped with turn downs and they are LOUD around town - freeway isn't bad at all, not a whole lot of drone

I'm in the market for something new, think the baffle is lose in mine so it rattles and is pissing me off! lol

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look into Dynomax Bullet Race Mufflers or SLP Loud Mouth's

I have 2 Flowmaster 10 Series Race Mufflers on mine currently, they're dumped with turn downs and they are LOUD around town - freeway isn't bad at all, not a whole lot of drone

I'm in the market for something new, think the baffle is lose in mine so it rattles and is pissing me off! lol

I ran a 18" Bullet before this thrush and a hooker aerochamber, really liked that muffler alot, but don't want to go that route again this time. I want to choose between the two I posted.

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i vote violator and get a video as there isnt much out there for us chevy 350 guys with them.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You and I have had very different experiences. I have the factory cat and a thrush welded dumped right before the axle. It shakes my house windows when it's idling in the drive way but it has a bit of drone in the cab.