Pypes Violator Vs. Magnaflow XL Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I had a dual cat setup going to a Y-pipe that led to a single-in-single out round Dynomax XL, I forget now how long it was.

It was ok, but there was certainly drone and idle didn't sound particularly good IMO. Very crackly when revved up. Loud? Yes.

Cut all that off and now just running the two straight pipes right under the bed, no mufflers. Louder and more drone. But not that much louder than my previous setup, really. When I can afford it I'll do dual flowmasters, in my opinion they sound the best on these trucks, but everybody has different tastes.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My thrush is ran all the way out the back and kind of turned down at the corner.
It is fairly loud, but can't be heard like you say yours is.
DIfference in price from summit is like 17 more if I go Violator over the Magna.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
My thrush is ran all the way out the back and kind of turned down at the corner.
It is fairly loud, but can't be heard like you say yours is.
DIfference in price from summit is like 17 more if I go Violator over the Magna.

Yeah, I can't make a recommendation really. Just my experience, every truck is different. If you drove the exact same thing as me with the exact same exhaust pipes/cats/tips, I'd say don't go for the Magnaflow if what I described isn't what you like, but it's hard to say how it'd turn out on your truck.

Personally I don't like crackle or drone, and I like a nice idle rumble. Neither of the setups I've been running have come anywhere close to what I want.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't make a recommendation really. Just my experience, every truck is different. If you drove the exact same thing as me with the exact same exhaust pipes/cats/tips, I'd say don't go for the Magnaflow if what I described isn't what you like, but it's hard to say how it'd turn out on your truck.

Personally I don't like crackle or drone, and I like a nice idle rumble. Neither of the setups I've been running have come anywhere close to what I want.

Well niether of your setups are anything like mine and your taste compared to mine is much different. Magnaflow is known for no drone and really deep and rumbly, not crackle or pop. I have run Bullets so I know crackle and pop and Flows do the same, that high pitched tinny sound.

The exit makes a huge difference, if it is dumped under the bed then it will always resonate.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WHich I will have a big one. I really want the Magnaflow, but really afraid it will be too quiet, I want to try the Violator but afraid it will be way to loud and thus lots of drone.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run a Magnaflow Magnapack on mine 3" from the cat back with a 4" Magnaflow tip, sounds good at idle and very nice at wot and good on the highway no drone

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those do sound nice. I feel as if the XL may be as quiet as I have now, but seems like they are super deep, nice rumble at start up and idle and louder when accelerating. Since I will be running this in front of the rear tire and all it should be loud and the tip will make it deep.

The $82 for tip and muffler is such a sweet deal too.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Violator. I have them on my TA and my dads 66 GTO. That has a 350 chevy in it. I have a m80 on my 04.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock-530