PYO's on the 89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Those are some good looking cars.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I will be going with 2'' spacers. I think that will make them flush with the fender flares. The back may be a bit wider but thats ok. I think the stock backspacing on PYO's are 5'' or 4.85. The rims I had on were 16x8 with -6mm offset. I liked the way those looked so I hope the 2'' spacers make it look the same.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
LUUUUV those T/A's. My neighbors got a turbo T/A rustin in his front yard. Evertime I drive by it I just wanna snatch it up and TLC it back to life.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2'' spacers ordered for the front. I want to see where they are at before I go and order the rear ones. Im thinking 1.5 will do it but I want to make sure. I took it off and set it in front of the rotor and set it were I liked the look. I measured the distance between the rotor and the rim and it was 2''. Cant wait to throw the tires and spacers on them now.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope that helps and gets you the look you want! I think that it will be mechanically fine, I mean you dont do any offroading or crazy big loads with this truck do you?

What size tires do you want to run?

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man i love those nbs wheels on these older trucks. Thats one of my favorite factory wheels of all time. Nice looking truck

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope that helps and gets you the look you want! I think that it will be mechanically fine, I mean you dont do any offroading or crazy big loads with this truck do you?

What size tires do you want to run?

Tires size is 265 60 16. No off roading, just a stone road to my parents hunting cabin. And as for crazy big loads no but I do use the truck as a truck for hauling. But its nothing crazy maybe a bed of firewood, stone, 4 wheeler, 2,000lbs wood stove pellets (short trip maybe 3 miles) etc. I did ALOT of reading and searching on spacers yesterday and it seems alot of ppl have run 2'' spacers with no issues. I got Rough country ones and not Chinese ebay ones. I wanted something made in the USA haha. And the rear spacers will probably only be 1 1/2 to match the front track width so its not too bad with spacers.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will be fine and good man on the USA made, I check everything I buy and get USA made anytime I can.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cant believe this but I went to walmart to get the tires swapped over and they would not do it. They said that if the tires are not the OEM size they will not swap them. The guy said that tires that are on the PYO's now are too big for the truck! All I wanted to do was put my 265's on my PYO's and have them throw away the 245's!! I left there pissed and headed over to NTB. The guy there said he could do it but it would be 105.36+disposal of my old tires. I quickly said no and left. In the parking lot I called pep boys just to see what they had to say and they quoted me 25 bucks a tire plus removal of and disposing of old tires. Again I declined, so here I am now stuck with the 245's haha. The 265's have a little life left in them so Im just gonna throw the old rims back on and then when it comes time for new ones I will order in new 265's and have a real tire shop install them.