PYO's on the 89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cant believe this but I went to walmart to get the tires swapped over and they would not do it. They said that if the tires are not the OEM size they will not swap them. The guy said that tires that are on the PYO's now are too big for the truck! All I wanted to do was put my 265's on my PYO's and have them throw away the 245's!! I left there pissed and headed over to NTB. The guy there said he could do it but it would be 105.36+disposal of my old tires. I quickly said no and left. In the parking lot I called pep boys just to see what they had to say and they quoted me 25 bucks a tire plus removal of and disposing of old tires. Again I declined, so here I am now stuck with the 245's haha. The 265's have a little life left in them so Im just gonna throw the old rims back on and then when it comes time for new ones I will order in new 265's and have a real tire shop install them.

I ran into the same problem with wally world. If you have another truck take your current rims and tires off and bring both sets to walmart. If they are not on the vehicle they can't tell you no.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^Good idea! If I have time to pull the wheels and get the truck on jackstands this week I will do that.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which one I have 2 lol. The one you see is this
You must be registered for see images attach

The one you dont see is this

Original 400 4spd car, one of 2,917 made with t tops in 1979. Restored it in 2004-2006.
Love em both great looking cars

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some 2'' spacers for the front going to order the rear ones tomorrow. This is still with the 245 75 16's

Without

Last edited:

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I really like the look now. I just need to swap tires and continue the look for some new ones. I just dont know which ones I want. Either the AT2's or cooper discoverer's. Something in an AT flavor though.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Know a few guys that have the Cooper AT3's and they like them, quiet, wear good, and good all around.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I take all my tire problems to Discount tire. They have always given me a fair price, ALWAYS backed their work. One time I took my truck in for a balance n rotate. The tires on that vehicle were not from Discount, but because I was a regular customer they did the work for free. I will never buy from any other company.