Propper Intro from Me in Arkansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dave from Austin, Arkansas. I currently have a 1995 ECSB Z71 Black that I have been putting off building for a long ass time. I bought this thing two years ago, almost 3 With 145K on the clock. I drove it across country when I relocated here. When my 10 bolt started leaking from one of the seals and whining real bad, I replaced it with a 6 lug 14b SF out of a OBS 3/4 ton. I have rebuilt the TBI, replaced the oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, replaced the plugs and wires, etc etc etc. It currently leaks oil whens its driven so I drive my TDI Jetta to save on gas mileage and it was starting to just be pricey every month to keep it on the road. I don't mind spending money just not when I need it right then, so the truck became a project.

My goals for the truck are a Lq4/Lq9 swap, I know nothing about wiring, but there are plenty of people in Arkansas to help out. But to do it in a 4wd OBS you need at least 6 inches of lift. Well, I can either get an OTS lift kit, or I can do a SAS. I have decided to do an SAS because I can't stand dealing with all the extra **** on an IFS. I replaced my 1999 Dodge with this truck and night and day. I am going to do it with leafs instead of springs. It seems likes its easier to locate under the truck that way. The next thing would be tires. 37s MT Baja ATZs.

Those are the goals, Yeah, it might be 10-15K worth of ****, but I don't care, it will be a truck that I can wheel and have fun with my kids in...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome! sounds like a fun truck.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats odd, I dont see it either, shoot a pm to greg or mike and see if they know whats up.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i don't see anything but i am sure what you got is cool as hell. welcome to the forum man.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Sorry guys, post from new users have to be approved by a mod before they'll show, its to help control the spam. Anyway it should be all cleaned up in here now and all post visible.

Welcome to the site

Edit: Can't wait to see how the truck turns out, those are basically my plans for my '98.

LQ4 swap has been done plenty of times without a lift but it does give a great excuse to SAS and will give you a lot more room to work. Be sure to check out Mikes swap in the LSX Swap forum.

How do you like your TDI Jetta? I've always considered getting one to run around on to cut down on gas and wear on my truck since its my bread and butter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome.. too.. the machine... :) sorry felt like singing, be glad you cant hear what you read..lol Nice truck and great plans!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
welcome from jacksonville! youre gonna love it here, couple other guys not to far around the state

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcomes guys. Nice to meet ya dropped 93.

@ Butch. Well, I was planning on the Schoenfield headers, just because I suppose. Sure I guess it would work without doing a lift, but an SAS is just going to be better in the long run. As far as the TDI goes, its is pretty solid. Its a 2010 and still getting broken in. I only have about 8500 miles on it now. Best MPG per tank was 46 with 2 adults, 1 Kid, 1 dog, and luggage. I know it will hit 50 if its just me and I drive it all hwy.

Ohh and I have seen draggin95's build thread, and he seems pretty knowledgable about the build, just need to go check his out.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Welcome and check out Mike's thread on his 6.0 swap into a 99 gmt400 k1500. The headers probably will not work when you do a SAS as most aftermarket longtubes run strait down into the passenger side shackle hanger.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good looking truck, I'll work out a time soon you can come check my truck out, but it isn't much to see right now.