Prop Valve leaking at metering valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgratiot

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive got a 99 OBS Tahoe i just picked up. The previous owner had ripped out everything ABS related, replaced the old prop valve with a new CPP Valve for the older trucks. All lines have been replaced, both fron calipers, and rear wheel cylinders. Yesterday i notice fluid on my front frame on the driver side, low and behold, i see brake fluid coming from the front rubber cap on the prop valve. So my question is, do i replace the whole prop valve? I see that CPP makes a new metering valve i can just screw in, and they claim it takes care of valve leaking out the front. Would i have to rebleed the system if i put this new metering valve in? Anyone else have this problem ever?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a combination valve where the metering and proportioning are in one piece? Sounds like that's what you're working with.

If you can replace the metering valve component that easily, then that may be the way to go. Unless the cost of a new combo valve is nearly the same...but I would wager that this is one of those parts where you get what you pay for, especially those with a "Made in China" sticker.

If it's leaking past the valve seal and out the stem, then it may be drawing air back in as well. I'd bleed it.