Project Fast Fwd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Any wires crossed? Coils maybe?

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm gonna check the coils tonight also the maf. That's where I'm gonna start it's throwing the code for low voltage to the pan so I really hope it isn't that

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Now I got it so it only has a hitch at 5500 rpm so it's better than it was

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Only seen that P0641 code one time before. And it turned out to be the harness that runs along the driver's side dog bone mount rubbed through. But here is what I found on it.

P0641 5-Volt Reference 1 Circuit Malfunction - With Automatic Transmission

Possible Causes Setting Conditions
• 5v VREF circuit to one of the sensors is open
• 5v VREF circuit to one of the sensors is shorted to ground or to voltage
• EGR, FTP or MAP sensor has failed
• PCM has failed

Key on or engine running and the PCM detected the 5-volt Reference 1 voltage was out-of-tolerance for 0.5 second. This reference circuit provides power to the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) and the Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) sensor.

It looks like the gray wire is the 5 VT reference wire. Hopefully it is just a shorted sensor, but it may be a wire that rubbed through.

As for the misfire on #3, it could be a bad coil or injector, since you have already swapped plugs and wires.

hope this helps

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Only seen that P0641 code one time before. And it turned out to be the harness that runs along the driver's side dog bone mount rubbed through. But here is what I found on it.

P0641 5-Volt Reference 1 Circuit Malfunction - With Automatic Transmission

Possible Causes Setting Conditions
• 5v VREF circuit to one of the sensors is open
• 5v VREF circuit to one of the sensors is shorted to ground or to voltage
• EGR, FTP or MAP sensor has failed
• PCM has failed

Key on or engine running and the PCM detected the 5-volt Reference 1 voltage was out-of-tolerance for 0.5 second. This reference circuit provides power to the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) and the Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) sensor.

It looks like the gray wire is the 5 VT reference wire. Hopefully it is just a shorted sensor, but it may be a wire that rubbed through.

As for the misfire on #3, it could be a bad coil or injector, since you have already swapped plugs and wires.

hope this helps
Thanks man I appreciate it!