Project Borrowed Tomb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Revelation

Wyoming Dreamn'
Reaction score
I have had this '89 since 1995 I got it a few days before I turned 16. In 2008 I decided to tear her down and restore her. I had a '05 colorado work truck i could drive anytime and i had an S-10 blazer that needed some work but was good around town to drive so I tore this truck down. In mid 2009 I started having a lot of health issues and in 2010 I had a tumor removed from my neck. so this truck got put on the back burner. Last december i started putting the body back on unfinished and put new carpet and headliner in. I replaced the steering column spent this past year working on electrical issues. the blazer & colorado are gone so this is what i have to drive now I re-regestered the truck this week and am driving it again, so this will be a slow build.

sorry for the spots on the pictures my camera has a spot of the lens I can't get off
You must be registered for see images attach

unfinished body work i started in '08

seat is out of a '96 Crew cab dont know if i want to keep it and get it recovered or not, since its the front seat on a CC it does not fold forward but i love the body contours

Donor door is out of a suburban so i have to change over the locks and window controls

older bondo i chipped out a couple of years ago from when i repainted it in 2000. i have to start working on this soon while the rust is still minor

more body work i need to re-do

Plans:
Back to Original Medium garnet red paint with Pearl white & silver
2" body lift
bigger wheels & tires
color match bumpers
spray in bed liner
performance upgrades
engine dress up
paint to match 88-94 grille
new steering wheel & finish the new interior
new exhaust

Last edited:

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i Love to see these trucks getting worked on! People around here always just get rid of them and buy something newer... I hope to see this truck have a nice paint job someday!