Problem help/suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Only way bad cats can cause a "fuel" type smell is if they are blown out, no catalyst left inside - which generally only happens if you get in there with a crowbar and bust them up. Then the exhaust will smell richer than you're used to, because previously the cat masks that odor. This will be noticeable on an engine that is running correctly, doesn't need to have an A/F problem.

Richard

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thinking it might almost be easier to replace the whole exhaust system... there is alot of rust on the pipes and I am sure some gasket failure some where... while I am under there I can look further at the fuel lines. What is the factory sizing on the exhaust from the headers down? I would liek to run 2.5 threw the whole system.. but I need to know the y pipe size. Thoughts?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable, if you think the system needs to be replaced. I think the 1/2 tone Y pipe is 2".

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk