price on new paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6789olds

Reaction score
does any one out there have a truck with the ppg water base system ? is it true all the glass has to come out to spray it ? i was told that the paint will peel without doing this ?

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does any one out there have a truck with the ppg water base system ? is it true all the glass has to come out to spray it ? i was told that the paint will peel without doing this ?

Every vehicle I've seen painted with the water base system had the glass still in the vehicle while in the booth.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally i don't like the the aquabase paint. Now that's just me, some shops swear by the stuff. I would just stick with the time proven solventborne PPG Deltron base coat. As for your question, i'm not a 100% sure. I don't see why the glass would NEED to come out, but it wouldn't hurt. IIRC the aquabase shrinks more then the solventborne paint's. SO that would make it a possibility to peel on edges it it wasn't wrapped around. I'm sure someone on here has more experience with the water bourne paint's, i just don't like the stuff.

6789olds

Reaction score
ok cause the shops here in cali are using water base stuff guess cause the envorment stuff. they sais the only solvent stuff they can get is low grade stuff and will only last 5 years ? but they didn't give me the name of the paint . other then the ppg aqua base .

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok cause the shops here in cali are using water base stuff guess cause the envorment stuff. they sais the only solvent stuff they can get is low grade stuff and will only last 5 years ? but they didn't give me the name of the paint . other then the ppg aqua base .

IIRC A law either got passed or was going to get passed in California that banned solvent based paint. Which is seriously stupid, because to my knowledge they don't even make a water based clear?