Precut tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Joey

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my windows tinted on my 97 I've been looking at a few options has anybody ever done precut tint? I'm looking at northern tint they have some pretty reasonable prices, if anyone knows how hard this is or has done it before ? Also does anyone know what precent the back windows are ? I'm just wanting to match the back tint for now. Thanks in advanced

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the front windows on my old Yukon years ago with some pre-cut tint. I'm 99% sure I got it from Northern Tint. I was very happy with it. The cut of the tint was spot-on and it was a high quality film.

Your factory rear tint is ~20%, so that would be a good match to get for your fronts.

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate it should I'm defiantly getting the tru cut for an extra 5 but should I get deluxe laminated for an extra 5, 2ply high performance for an extra 10 or 2ply true black for an extra 20 also I went to harbor freight yesterday and picked up some bondo scrapers would theese and some baby soap and water be good enough ? Also did it hold up well for you as far as scratching Like from a dog

Edit I ordered the front 2 windows from northern tint got the tru cut and 2ply high performance came out to like 25$ dollars and change I'll keep this thread updated as I get the tint and install it

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Buy tint application fluid. Soooo much easier to work with than baby shampoo and water.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I've bought 4-5 sets from Northern Tint, I've always been very happy with it.
I have a cheap tint application set from an auto parts store that I've used, but honestly I always end up using a credit card or something with a clean edge... But that really isn't ideal because if you're not careful a card can scratch & pull holes in it if it catches any debri underneath.
Pretty much every vehicle I've tinted with the exception of maybe one or two I have taken the door panels off to tint. I always end up screwing something up when getting the tint down behind the gasket at the bottom, so I just pull the panels off and save the trouble.
x2 on the application fluid. I still use Dawn & water most of the time, but that stuff works well.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Every attempt that I have ever made to tint myself ended in failure. That's one thing I just bite the bullet and pay to have done.

Z71Joey

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips I got some new bondo spreaders in the back a few card gonna get some blades to clean the window and a window tint kit at oreileys sometime before it comes should be here Friday hopefully!

Last edited: