Pre-Bent Brake Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tubing benders are far from being obsolete. Making blanket statements about a tool you decided not to use is far from reality. Aviation, commercial plumbing, Hydraulics, hot rod shops, etc
we are on a truck forum talking about brake lines, they are not needed with NiCopp, that's the reality.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The statement referred to tubing benders being an obsolete tool, and making a blanket statement like that being far from the truth. If you choose not to use one, feel free. And the topic is kit, prebent or do your own. Not needed or needed it is ones own choice. That is the reality your missing. I like having the ability to have the correct curve or radias whether copper, aluminum, stainless, or nickel copper. You may not, that is reality. Your choice may not be your neighbors choice.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The statement referred to tubing benders being an obsolete tool, and making a blanket statement like that being far from the truth. If you choose not to use one, feel free. And the topic is kit, prebent or do your own. Not needed or needed it is ones own choice. That is the reality your missing. I like having the ability to have the correct curve or radias whether copper, aluminum, stainless, or nickel copper. You may not, that is reality. Your choice may not be your neighbors choice.
put down the bottle and let it go dude. you are zero help here getting butthurt over a tubing bender. WOW.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never worked with NiCop tubing. I'm told it's easy to bend and work with.

I use REAL tubing benders on double-wall seamless steel tubing. I wouldn't do the job without them. Nice, tight-radius bends with minimal deformation, and no kinking.

I've seen the results of tubing work where the tube gets bent "over the knee". Sloppy, big-radius bends that look terrible.

Example of an Imperial tubing bender, made in sizes from 1/8 inch to at least 1/2; probably larger.

You must be registered for see images attach

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently installed a LMC pre-bent full brake line kit. It's from Inline Tube and worked very well.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha ha, yeah, it's not the tools, it's the user. Lol!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never worked with NiCop tubing. I'm told it's easy to bend and work with.

I use REAL tubing benders on double-wall seamless steel tubing. I wouldn't do the job without them. Nice, tight-radius bends with minimal deformation, and no kinking.

I've seen the results of tubing work where the tube gets bent "over the knee". Sloppy, big-radius bends that look terrible.

Example of an Imperial tubing bender, made in sizes from 1/8 inch to at least 1/2; probably larger.

You must be registered for see images attach
At the facility i worked at they had these up to 3/4 tube. Some parts just no longer produced. So fabrication 101.