Pre-Bent Brake Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Man I couldnt imagine how hard they would be to install. I bought all the tools required and bent them on the truck. which allowed me to make some improvements to the "hidden" front passanger brake line that sits on top of the frame and can become buried in road grime in an area that is hard to see. I re routed ever so slightly and got it off of this frame.

but I am curious to know how hard a prebent line would be to install?

Al

Micah Wells

Reaction score
Man I couldnt imagine how hard they would be to install. I bought all the tools required and bent them on the truck. which allowed me to make some improvements to the "hidden" front passanger brake line that sits on top of the frame and can become buried in road grime in an area that is hard to see. I re routed ever so slightly and got it off of this frame.

but I am curious to know how hard a prebent line would be to install?

Al
I'm not sure. Was trying to avoid buying a bunch of tools that I might not need again and hopefully saving some time with not having to bend.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Was trying to avoid buying a bunch of tools that I might not need again and hopefully saving some time with not having to bend.
is this going to the the last set of brakes your ever going to work on in your life? I think not. this is all you need and was not much more compared to the straight brake lines. mini pipe bender and a double flaring tool, there are so many more applications for these tools than just brake lines.

Al
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had all the brake bending and flaring tools for 30 years, the benders are almost obsolete.
I bought a prebent kit from Inline Tube, goes in easy , has all the rockguard on it also. It looks exactly like stock when done in a small fraction of the time to bend them that nice. I used steel but I did clean and paint it with a spray bomb.
Stainless is harder to work with and can cause issues with flaring and getting a good seal. If you are not driving in the winter SS is overkill. Even though I drive in the winter, the original 89 lines were not rusted out so the new steel ones will outlast me.
On a custom car I used NiCopp lines, you can bend them by hand (obsolete benders) and they don't rust. I have seen NiCopp on OEM's. I painted the NiCopp but it was strictly for appearance.