Power window motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My driver's side power window was slow, now it's dead. I ruled out my switch.

I bought a new motor from the parts store but have not put on yet.

When I take off the old motor from the Regulator, is that under pressure? Ima try to just drill the rivet out with out removing the entire assembly.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, under tension. If you look on the regulator, it has a hole on it where you can stick a rod in it to act like a stop to ensure the regulator does not snap to its resting position when you remove the motor. But, if you remove the motor and you do not have a stop in place, that regulator will snap on you, and if your hand is in the way, you're in for some misery.

This is a photo of passenger side in box. It comes with a bolt (circled in red) in the hole to maintain tension.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad I asked. I wasn't sure if leaving it in the truck while taking the motor off would matter. I haven't put my eyes on the actual Regulator yet to see if it's mounted to anything in the door that would keep it from snapping back.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In all honesty, my 95 pax window started motor grind noise. As was original, I decided it was better long term to get a new motor regulator assembly. New better motor, new regulator( not 100,000 cycles) , new track rollers. The price was only $10 more. Cleaned the tracks, relubed all grease points and tracks. Like new and faster. And with an assembly your not fighting spring trap. My fingers are worth more than $10.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. I just watched an install video. I'm better off getting a whole assembly. I'll return the motor and pay the difference.

I don't feel like losing fingers over this ordeal