power steering fluid leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pewterz71

Reaction score
hey guys idk if this is the right category to put this thread or not but im having some major power steering fluid leaks from my truck. it seems to be leaking from the pitman arm from under the steering gear box. what would cause this and what should be replaced? is there a new seal i can get for the connection to the arm and the box or do i need to replace one or the other or both? or what else could it be? im losing the whole tank of power steering fluid from the pump every couple of days and need to figure this out lol. thanks for the help guys

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could rebuild it but if the shaft has any real side to side play i would just replace it.. If your pitman arm is original i would replace that at the same time as well...

But if you loose that much fluid in a couple days i don't think a seal kit (rebuil kit) will help

sent from what use to be a great country..

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
They can be resealed..but from my past experience with this. .it is a major pita. Time for a trip to pick n pull.. or a reman from your builder of choice.