Power lock issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antichrist

Reaction score
1995 K1500 Tahoe LT

Problem: power lock on drivers door does not work with switch or remote.
Passenger side works perfectly.

With door panel removed someone did some hack job of something, the window rubs going down/sticks, which I think I found that issue, the scissor bracket looks bent like hell..

Back to the locks, The truck at one time had a keyless entry/remote start system installed, which I plan on removing. (Omega RS-7K2 if anyone wants it before I toss it this weekend)

My first guess is the driver door actuator, since the pass door works fine with my key fob, and the lock button, but I figured I'd ask before drilling out the rivets to get a multimeter on it..

Thanks in advance.

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, passenger side works perfect, But the driver side does not move. I hear the relay move but not the actuator.

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the problem once i pulled out the actuator. It indeed was moving, but the plastic arm was broken right off. Once i replaced the whole actuator, it works perfectly. PS you can install the actuator without taking the inner door panel off completely, just dont get your arm stuck in the door as i did, it is a little painful pulling it back out.