Power Back Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. I want one now.
If you really dig into that thread, the particular mod they're doing does require a bit of hacking. The drain setup is where I see the potential for someone to drop the ball and end up with a mess. I'd like to have one of these in my SS but in reality it'll probably never happen.

Years and years ago I had a '92 that came with the CR Laurence power-slider window, it's just the 3 panel design where the middle window slides horizontally, but it's powered. It worked well when I got the truck but as it aged it struggled to operate. I'd lube the glass run a little bit every now and then and it helped but was still weak. As far as aftermarket rear sliders go, it looked OK.

Richard

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This popped up in my FBMP: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

I see at least 2 "OBS" trucks in there, and quite frankly, looks surprisingly well!

You must be registered for see images attach

That 3rd photo is a GM800 RCSB...looks sick with the rear powered window and moonroof!

I don't need one, BUT I WANT ONE! ;)

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This popped up in my FBMP: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

I see at least 2 "OBS" trucks in there, and quite frankly, looks surprisingly well!

That 3rd photo is a GM800 RCSB...looks sick with the rear powered window and moonroof!

I don't need one, BUT I WANT ONE! ;)
I think those are Nissan Titan rear windows molded into the OBS. That’s the common way that I’ve heard of guys doing it.

And the moonroof thing is also fairly common. Not on these trucks, but in general. Guys go to a pick and pull and cut the whole roof section out of the car and also take the switches and wiring. Then cut their roof and weld it in.