Post your other projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zen311

Reaction score
was my project but traded for my obs now the obs is lol

Attachments

• IMG_20130602_212637.jpg
    IMG_20130602_212637.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 51

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
was my project but traded for my obs now the obs is lol

Welcome to the forum! watch out for Scott, and Geoff, and others.. lol nice bike, ive always had a soft spot for bobbers. Used to have a little Honda CB125 bobber. not the sickest thing but it got me through wanting to build a bike.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please don't hate on me too much. Totally stock expect intake. DPF delete, tuner, and exhaust to come shortly.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Been mentioned here and there before.

1985 Honda Interceptor:

I've had it for something like 15 years now. Had one in High school and picked up this one later on for a song. Around 1999 or so, the once highly desirable Honda "Wunderbike" was nothing more than a squids first, cheap rat ride to be wadded into a guardrail and forgotten. Couldn't let that happen to the first real Superbike mass produced for the street.

I started out nice and simple with a CBR600F2 wheel swap in order to use modern radials and a rear fender tuck.

Then came the 41 MM VF1000F forks and emulators to stiffen up the flexi-flier front end.

Then, a CBR600F2 rear shock resprung and revalved for our weight.

Drove it like that for years. It was a great old bruiser that could put serious miles comfortably under the tires in a day and still show the unsuspecting modern superbike a taillight disappearing around the corner now and then. I loved the old brute and it took me down memory lane to high school and simpler times every time we went for a snort.

Then I parked it and it sat for years.

Then, one day for no particular reason: the modification bug bit hard and the old interceptor was squarely in my way.

Lets have at 'er!

CBR600RR rear swingarm with the unit prolink:

Mounted with a CBR1000RR shock:

Some frame alterations, some swingarm machining, some custom spacers and some custom linkage made the unit prolink swingarm mate up nicely:

And finished with some CBR600RR inner fender and chain guard plastics to protect the shock and other bits.

Then came the NC30 floating front discs (European market only):

Of course, front and rear SP2 brakes had to be fitted also:

Matched to SP2 switchgear, 1/4 turn throttle and masters:

Never did like ground clearance killing cans, nor did I like high mounts (raises C of G) so a GP style exhaust was fabbed that more or less mimics the Ducati DB2 aftermarket design:

And made for probably the meanest sounding first gen I've ever heard short of Fast Freddie hotfooting it around Laguna:

Right at the legal limit for DB at 5000RPM.

Here's an earlier dual pipe version. I like to throw this one up because everybody like sparks!

Now I needed it to look a bit different also. CBF750F headlight (not release in NA market):

I've ridden a couple CBF750F's in the Uk and those euro spec lights will burn the paint right off the damned car in front of you. I had to have them. Plus, they will give the bike an Endurance racer kind of look.

Modify the bracketry:

Mount the lights:

Modify the fairing:

Finish up with plastic welding and a windscreen:

Then swapped on sme VF1000F side covers for a stock yet "you know something is different" look.

And as it sits today:

...waiting for the finishing touches.

Problem is, I already had back and knee problems and the latest MRI shows a bulged disc at C5 (neck). My never ride again.......

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! watch out for Scott, and Geoff, and others.. lol nice bike, ive always had a soft spot for bobbers. Used to have a little Honda CB125 bobber. not the sickest thing but it got me through wanting to build a bike.
Hey now! I'm not that bad lol!
Be sure to watch out for drunk geoff :lol: welcome to the site
Very true, he can get....offensive haha
Please don't hate on me too much. Totally stock expect intake. DPF delete, tuner, and exhaust too come shortly.

That think is awesome! I love those trucks!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Been mentioned here and there before.

1985 Honda Interceptor:

I've had it for something like 15 years now. Had one in High school and picked up this one later on for a song. Around 1999 or so, the once highly desirable Honda "Wunderbike" was nothing more than a squids first, cheap rat ride to be wadded into a guardrail and forgotten. Couldn't let that happen to the first real Superbike mass produced for the street.

I started out nice and simple with a CBR600F2 wheel swap in order to use modern radials and a rear fender tuck.

Then came the 41 MM VF1000F forks and emulators to stiffen up the flexi-flier front end.

Then, a CBR600F2 rear shock resprung and revalved for our weight.

Drove it like that for years. It was a great old bruiser that could put serious miles comfortably under the tires in a day and still show the unsuspecting modern superbike a taillight disappearing around the corner now and then. I loved the old brute and it took me down memory lane to high school and simpler times every time we went for a snort.

Then I parked it and it sat for years.

Then, one day for no particular reason: the modification bug bit hard and the old interceptor was squarely in my way.

Lets have at 'er!

CBR600RR rear swingarm with the unit prolink:

Mounted with a CBR1000RR shock:

Some frame alterations, some swingarm machining, some custom spacers and some custom linkage made the unit prolink swingarm mate up nicely:

And finished with some CBR600RR inner fender and chain guard plastics to protect the shock and other bits.

Then came the NC30 floating front discs (European market only):

Of course, front and rear SP2 brakes had to be fitted also:

Matched to SP2 switchgear, 1/4 turn throttle and masters:

Never did like ground clearance killing cans, nor did I like high mounts (raises C of G) so a GP style exhaust was fabbed that more or less mimics the Ducati DB2 aftermarket design:

And made for probably the meanest sounding first gen I've ever heard short of Fast Freddie hotfooting it around Laguna:

Right at the legal limit for DB at 5000RPM.

Here's an earlier dual pipe version. I like to throw this one up because everybody like sparks!

Now I needed it to look a bit different also. CBF750F headlight (not release in NA market):

I've ridden a couple CBF750F's in the Uk and those euro spec lights will burn the paint right off the damned car in front of you. I had to have them. Plus, they will give the bike an Endurance racer kind of look.

Modify the bracketry:

Mount the lights:

Modify the fairing:

Finish up with plastic welding and a windscreen:

Then swapped on sme VF1000F side covers for a stock yet "you know something is different" look.

And as it sits today:

...waiting for the finishing touches.

Problem is, I already had back and knee problems and the latest MRI shows a bulged disc at C5 (neck). My never ride again.......

Damn Bj that sucks! All that work and not being able to enjoy it. Prob gonna be pming you soon about details for what is needed to fit the new swing arm and forks.

Sent from the middle of nowhere

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Love the bike man!!! V4 for life!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Damn Bj that sucks! All that work and not being able to enjoy it. Prob gonna be pming you soon about details for what is needed to fit the new swing arm and forks.

Sent from the middle of nowhere

The vf1000f triple just sides into the headstock like the factory 38's.

The swingarm needs to be shaved at he pivots and the frame bracket needs to be opened on the rh side. You will need a cbr1000rr shock as the 600rr shock will hit the side frame rail, unless you position the juuuust right. Even then, it will only clear by a paper thickness.

Custom shock linkages will need to be fabbed.

You will also need custom bearings and have a stepped spacer machined to adapt the bearings to the pivot bolts.

Lastly, you will need to fab an offset crank sprocket for the chain as the cbr swingarm is wider than the oem one. I stuck with a cbr600f2 rear as the next gen wheels are wider and make it impossible to get the chain in line with the engine sprocket without rubbing the wider tire or getting into the steel frame.

Oem exhaust isn't going to fit around the new swingarm. Even a 4 into 1 won't work as they follow the oem pattern. You need a custom setup.

Stock foot peg brackets will not fit. You can see in my last pic they are cut down. It's the swingarm width thats the problem again. No passenger pegs unless you want to fab up a vf1000r type setup....

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I beat up my jeep a little too much out in the desert so I upgraded to something better suited! I am ashamed its a ford though :/

Sent from the drivers seat at 200mph

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373468866916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373468866916.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373468876883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373468876883.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373468890183.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373468890183.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20