Possible problem with new KYB shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prginocx

Reaction score
I removed my old leaking shocks, and installed these new kyb shocks. The KYBs are Gas-A-Just, Kayaba Industry Co Ltd model No. KG5479. Midrange price, definitely not the cheap ones. Ordered online from Shockwarehouse.

Problem is, there is an ALMOST mechanical conflict on the lower mount. Not sure if its a problem, I need your opinions.

You must be registered for see images attach

prginocx

Reaction score
The Point of Almost contact is way less than a millimeter clearance, depending upon my eyesight and the brightness of the flashlight. Won't this contact at times ? I mean the lower mount bolt goes through a rubber bushing, right ? Sure wish I would've bought these at the dealership or somewhere local. Online was a better deal, but it took easy 3 weeks, and now I might be sending them back.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I would bounce the vehicle around hard for a bit and see if it actually contacts it. Ijust looked at my truck, the pro-comps are close, but haven't contacted at all. Not sure if they are as close as yours, but looks like less than a 1/8"

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You always could take out the rubber bushing on that end and press in a ball bearing so it doesnt have any give. or a thick metal Insert instead of the bushing

prginocx

Reaction score
What kind of truck has the shock problem ?

What kind of truck are we talking about here?

" '94, K2500, 5.7L, AT, base model. I use it with a cabover camper mostly, part of the reason I'm concerned." " I do some fairly aggressive 4X4 too "