Posi-Lok Yes or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Looking for an opinion hear cuz I have been hearing mixed ones, I wanna make my front diff in my 92 Blazer engage properly and the thermal actuator (who thought this was a good idea?) seems to be 50/50 if it wants to work or not. With winter coming I want to sort this out so I'm wondering if a posi-lok cable http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/app_chevy-k.html is a good idea. Had some people say they love them others say that it grenaded their front diff. Any input would be appreciated

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
Had some people say they love them others say that it grenaded their front diff.

Holy where did you hear about it grenading? I just put one on my truck and other than it taking more than the advertised "1 inch" of pull it works flawlessly. I don't like their skimpy little clamp for the end of the cable housing that goes down on the diff but other than that it's pretty slick. I'm kind of worried about getting it all full of mud or snow though. In all honesty, it's not the best operation, but I think it's about the best you can do with it.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
Well, their "skimpy little clamp" as I call it gave way on this weekend and almost got my ass buried out on a sandbar. Either I did it wrong, or there's got to be a better way to clamp the end of that cable to the bracket.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I have been hearing hit or miss reports on them as well. I think the getting clogged by mud and crap thing could be worked around with some sort of sleeve and having a skid plate on the front diff. Im looking into these as well.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
Way better tyhan relying on an electric actuator that always fails.

No doubt, I love how easy it is and best thing is no waiting. I'm more than willing to work around that little clamp, and I love having 2 Low. I'm not sure on how it's blowing up diffs, unless it's a mistake in the install.

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

kick ass, pulled out... Ill have to go tear it up tomorrow.

edit.. wait why is there the huge 4low warning, in the current install directions?

Last edited:

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
When my actuator went out, i paid 105$ and got a brand new one with lifetime warranty...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
When my actuator went out, i paid 105$ and got a brand new one with lifetime warranty...

You also have the electronic actuator not the thermal one. Big difference there. Honestly its the weak clamp set up that i was warned about as well...I might just bite the bullet and order a new thermal actuator for the K3500 and when that one wears out i will more then likely do the electronic actuator retrofit. I seem to recall Rockauto having a retrofit harness for the newer part.