pop locks question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
who makes the best pop locks for shaved door handles? ive never used them so i need as much info as i can get..

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
avs bolt on kit, a little pricey but you will not regret it. Cheap kits are junk and you will get locked out the truck plus its a pain to try and mount the actuators on these trucks. Also rig a back up pull cable to open the door its cheap to make yourself just need a pulley and some small cable.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Can i ask why its such a big thing to shave the door handles? i dont see the appeal to it... i hope i dont offende anyone, just curious! I like the tail gate, dont get me wrong though!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can i ask why its such a big thing to shave the door handles? i dont see the appeal to it... i hope i dont offende anyone, just curious! I like the tail gate, dont get me wrong though!

gives the truck a clean look when you look down the side, no big bulky handle that looks out of place atleast thats my reasoning for doing it. Also its entertaining when you have a passenger and they look all around to try and figure out how to open the door

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
gives the truck a clean look when you look down the side, no big bulky handle that looks out of place atleast thats my reasoning for doing it. Also its entertaining when you have a passenger and they look all around to try and figure out how to open the door

aha, fair enough!

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as said above lol.. im still up in the air about doing the shaved doors i was going to put 2012 chevy truck handles in the doors but the door skin is over $750 for 1..

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
what would you need the door skin for? could you just find wrecked trucks or something and cut the handle out?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the AVS ones, I have installed several, and I have 2 set's of them myself, I have not seen them fail, where as I have seen countless solonoid type fail, I hate the solonoid type! Now with that said I am sure up north it's possible to have any kind freeze up, but here that's just not much of an issue.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id find wrecked are beat up doors first at a junk yard probably get them cheap if you tell them what your trying to do. Believe it are not the best handles ive seen in an obs was miata handles. look them up there real small and are chrome and look good believe it are not.

easiest way to do it would be to just shave them though, by the time you figure out all the rods and so on itll be a pain

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
yeah, draggin, big reason why ive learnt not to like them... alot of guys around here use them year round, winter time... they freeze closed. You look pretty cute at the store with your door froozen shut lol