pls i need advice >>>> engine swap >>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You dont have to go that big to get pretty good numbers. Take a 5.3 bore it to 3.905 (LS1 bore size) throw a 4" stroker kit in it and with a decent cam you should be in the $6-7k range. And easily into the 500hp range. Thats pretty cheap HP.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
You dont have to go that big to get pretty good numbers. Take a 5.3 bore it to 3.905 (LS1 bore size) throw a 4" stroker kit in it and with a decent cam you should be in the $6-7k range. And easily into the 500hp range. Thats pretty cheap HP.

If you're going through all that I'd use a 6.0 block instead. For the extra it'd cost you I fail to see why it wouldn't be worth it, also allows you to use the LS3 style square port top end which outflows any cathedral heads by a good margin (short of much more expensive machined aftermarket heads).

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're going through all that I'd use a 6.0 block instead. For the extra it'd cost you I fail to see why it wouldn't be worth it, also allows you to use the LS3 style square port top end which outflows any cathedral heads by a good margin (short of much more expensive machined aftermarket heads).

Oh, I agree. Im just living in the real Obameconomy and have to pay almost $4.00/gal for gas. And the smaller cylinders will give a bit more MPG without too much lost HP.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guy's would hate me for sure, I have a running 454 in my 82 that I am going to yank and drop in a lake and install a 6.0 LS.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guy's would hate me for sure, I have a running 454 in my 82 that I am going to yank and drop in a lake and install a 6.0 LS.

Nahh just let me fill the back of my truck with water an you can "drop" it in lake OBS :rofl:

I will take care of the rest ;)

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

If you need a boat anchor that bad, I'll trade you strait up for my 350.. it'll serve as just as good of a boat anchor. I'll even let you have the 4l60e for the extra holding power. lol

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Guys I love the LS engines just as much as the next guy, but the SBC is an icon and has a way bigger track record then the LS series does. Look how revolutionary it was for it's time. It was still being put into production vehicles almost 50 years later. Don't get me wrong, the Gen III engines are outstanding, but the Gen I small blocks are legendary.

The big block on the other hand, it's also a very popular engine. There's one in every garbage truck. ;)

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The P-51 Mustang was legendary too. And a very capable airplane to this day. But I dont think it would fare very well in modern combat.