Please explain what is causing this and how to fix!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not remember if factory cluster lights all worked but replaced with blue LEDs. I have switched them around and even exchanged bulbs. Half the cluster does not glow, and occasionally (more like everyday now) the cluster lights will flash or even stop working. What is my issue and how do I get all lights to shine?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
My guess would be cheap LED bulbs. Put OEM bulbs back in and see if the problem continues. That will narrow the issue down.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s common, it’s the leds, mine do it. I’m on my second set of leds, last about a year before it gets overly annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Have you tried going back to the originals like jkeaton already asked?

obsonlimiteds

Reaction score
From my experience with putting aftermarket leds in gmt400s clusters , I've found out the reason why sometimes they intermittently work and don't or flicker is the lack of being able to make full contact in the turn sockets the led bulbs sit in....

Try folding the contact wire over the side of the led base instead of having the contact wire straight with base , this allows the led bulbs to have a better connection to the contacts in the socket..... Hope this helps.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

deven bullis

Employed by the big blue hexagon
Reaction score
I had the same problem with mine, when you put them in the cluster did you fully twist them in the socket? Mine wouldn’t work if you fully twisted them in so I had to barely twist them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk