Play in door and rattle!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my 95 suburban has some slight play in the driver door and rattles on a bumpy road,how can I fix this issue??? Thanks in advance

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I would first check the door pins and bushing like said. If that doesn't take care of it then it will be the door latch. My 95 sub rattles after I put new door pins in but the latches are worn a lot.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The door pins and bushings can make it rattle but I found mine only did it on larger bumps, easy to check though just grab the door, when open, by the bottom and lift up to see if any play. If there is play make sure that the holes in the door itself are not egged out, if so the new pins and bushings will not help it.
With a bad latch my passenger door would rattle on any bumps, really annoying. Also a worn striker can cause the door to rattle some on good bumps.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would first check the door pins and bushing like said. If that doesn't take care of it then it will be the door latch. My 95 sub rattles after I put new door pins in but the latches are worn a lot.

Agreed, and inside the latch there is a white plastic stop block, that usually get's broken from people slamming the door, so with pin's and bushing's, and a latch you should be good.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i will look at everything...do they make over size pins??

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The replacement pins and bushings that I have seen are original size, but they do sell complete replcement hinge's but they are a real pain to install, if it were me and I had an egg shaped hole, I would weld it up and redrill for the new bushing.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
The replacement pins and bushings that I have seen are original size, but they do sell complete replcement hinge's but they are a real pain to install, if it were me and I had an egg shaped hole, I would weld it up and redrill for the new bushing.

You could do this, or drill out the egg shaped hole large enough to put a bushing in. Or do what I did on my beater truck with the egg shaped holes that didnt have bushings I tacked the pin itself to the door so it had no choice but to pivot inside the bushing itself. It will be a tad bit more work to remove the pin if I ever need to but worth it to not have to rehinge it

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My reg cab is having this same problem. Like Sierra said, I originally installed new door pins, bushings, and striker. It actually made the rattle worse because now the doors were not sagging on the worn latch. Now I need new latches for sure. Does anyone know the cheapest place for new ones?