Plans for '89 RCSB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colyn.

Reaction score
Okay guys I want some of your opinions, plan is to keep the 88-89 style headlights but upgrade the grille and run a smooth front bumper. I cant decide whether I want to do a welded roll pan on the rear or a painted stock bumper. The tailgate along with gas door and stake holes will be shaved. I was going to shave the two outside hood lines by welding them in then bondo but I was told it would wrap and crack over time so that is off the drawing board I guess. Susp wise plan was 6lug swap with some tahoe 20's and then a 6/8-10 drop depending on roll pan or bumper. Color will be 03 Spiral Grey unless plans change. So here is my check list so far but I want you guys opinions on the truck. Dont expect anything to happen for a bit since im finishing up my NBS but im going to start before much longer.

Est. Prices
New Primered Front Bumper - $80
Smooth Steel Roll Pan - $100 or New Primered Rear Bumper - $280
94+ Mirrors (2) - $40
AVS Gas Door Filler Plate - $20
AVS Stake Hole Filler Plates (4) - $7
AVS Tailgate Handle Relocator with Filler Plate - $40

I cant find this grille anywhere and its the one I want but I have pictures to show yall so maybe you can help me find it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thats what I want in the end but maybe with a bowtie but it doesnt really matter to me....
Now what do yall think, welded smooth roll pan or stock bumper (painted)....

or

Just trying to get everything price wise figured out so I can start saving and get started on this project very soon.. My NBS will be done within the next week or so I just got some different tails but this is the finished product of what I did to the frame..

So let me know what yall guys think and what I should do! Thanks

Colyn.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Im a fan of a nice smooth welded in rollpan but i like the idea if the painted bumper as well, just please dont shave the tails i like the look of tail lights on an obs. That grill looks cool also, i believe fibreglass guys can shave the emblem off of a paintable shell, i know my buddy got his bowtie shaved off his grill

Colyn.

Reaction score
Tail lights are staying I hate shaved tail lights or caddy lights. OEM tails or leds that look like stock are going back on it... I want that grille but with a emblem so if I cant get one with a emblem I will just live with it and have a badgeless grille. And im leaning more towards a roll pan because with the painted bumper it would have the black step pad and then nothing on the front black to match besides a black billet grille and the lower valance....

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
:word: im not big on shaved lights either. And i agree, i think a rollpan would be better because it would tie in with the truck better, especially if its de-molded.

Colyn.

Reaction score
It been completely demolded already, lol. I stripped everything off of it within the first 48 hours it was here....

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Nice, i like a nice naked body obs truck, makes the curves and bodylines stand out more and gives it a cleaner look! Kinda like how i like women too haha!

Colyn.

Reaction score
Question for you guys... I am throwing around the idea of doing a super old style paint theme. Clearcoat straight over bare metal.. Ive already figured out that it will hold up fine in weather, ect.. But how would I fill in the spots for the roll pan, gas door and such without bondo? Like I mean I understand it will be the easiest and will most likely just do that and spray those few spots with some black or something. It would only be temporary until I got all the bodywork done and shaved then could paint it Spiral Grey... Might just spray it flat black until I get everything done... Anyway and of you guys have anything to add? Im getting some insurance on it soon so I can start driving it and start working on it after work when im free.