Planing stage of custom interior, Several questions, brainstorming ideas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Ok my first question is for those who have swapped a 95+ dash into a 94- truck. Will the 95+ HAVC controls work on the 94-? I would like to intergrate the rotary knob style controls.

Has anyone used aftermarket HAVC controls such as dakota digital?

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
I guess I could let ya'll know of my idea a little bit. I want to completely redesign the dash and most likely use digital gauges. If I could figure it out I would love to have an all black dash that didnt have anything on it but when you turn the key on the gauges would light up. another thought would be an IPAD intergration where the IPAD was the only display and controls, like, everything was controlled by the IPAD including climate controls and windows, door locks, lights, ect. wouldnt that be cool. But I dont have the money to pay someone to do that or the knowhow to do it myself.

It would be really cool to use servos and doors over things like sterio and AC vents so when you turn it on everything opens but when it was off it would just be a blank dash.

Sorry if its not very clear and kinda "dreaming" but thats whats on my mind today.............. (maybe because I watched Tron legacy the other day????) LMFAO

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Most if not all of the 95 stuff is different then the 96+ stuff. This is because it was when they had the new interior but old engine still.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
So has anyone done a custom fiberglass dash? door pannels? anything of the like? I just feel the 88-94 interior is dated, I think it was when it was built. LOL I do like the 95-99 interior, however if Im going through that much work id rather do something custom and 1 off.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't smootheed my dash yet, but it's coming soon, I love that look, all slick and painted.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I need to look into the hvac wiring or dig for the diagram on the swap. When I build my console the newer 96+ style and my head unit are going in it.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why don't you just locate it down where the stock equalizer is like that one guy did?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
tierd of reaching over that far plus if i gotta lengthen the wire I might as well put it in the consolde. im thinking I may put it on the side towards the bottom though for a more sleek look. 1bdgmc has a buddy with a badass yellow obs that has hvac controls like that its pretty sweet. Ill try n find a pic of it.