Pics of Gloss Black front grille on different color body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am looking to paint my chrome front grille a gloss black, and wonder what it may look like on a blue truck. Here's a before and after(photoshopped). Any legit pics out there?

Left: Before, Right: After
You must be registered for see images attach

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score

heres my black grill on my burban ik its not gloss but its black

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Any particular reason you want to paint it black? If you're going to go through the trouble of painting it, why not colormatch?

You can find your paint code on your rpo code label, then just put it into this website http://www.automotivetouchup.com/?u...tm_referrer=http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ to find paint

On some other makes of vehicles I have seen it done with black gloss, with smoked headlights and corner lenses; looks really good in my opinion, just haven't seen it on a GMT400. Eventually, there will be no chrome on the truck, black and blue all around. I will be getting black housing headlights, with a very light smoked lenses to go with all the black on the front.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
black front doesn't look right on anything but a black truck IMO. I'm looking to get a stock chevy grill for my truck asap...

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Ive got a flat black grille and I cant wait to get a new chrome one..if anything I vote colormatched. Bla,k just makes it look cheap and unfinished. In my opinion

Adam