Pick List for upgrading to Heated and power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001ZR2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked around the site and the internet but am looking for what I need to take from the donor vehicle when adding heated, lumbar and power seats.

I was at the pick and pull with my son to get a hood for his 2001 ZR2 Blazer. I bought a set of sets to replace the trashed ones in the 1997 Suburban. Scored a set of power seats with heaters and lumbar from a 1998 GMC Suburban.

My truck has a power driver seat with lumbar but I forgot the passenger seat only has lumber. So long story short I realize that GM varied the wiring harness for how it was optioned. So I have harness and connector to make the drivers seat work except the heating element. The connector for the passenger seat is totally different.

So what should pull out of the donor vehicle when I go back on Sunday? If there is a thread that spells this out I have missed it and hesitate to ask my wife for help. She'll probably decide GMT400 Forums are bad for me because they'll make me think I'm normal.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1994 Cadillac DeVille. You'll have to fab your own seat brackets and drill a couple holes in the floor, but I think it's worth it. Be sure and grab the heated seat controller in the center console and the harness. Constant hot to red, ignition switched power to orange, ground the black wires.
View media item 32216

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked around the site and the internet but am looking for what I need to take from the donor vehicle when adding heated, lumbar and power seats.

I was at the pick and pull with my son to get a hood for his 2001 ZR2 Blazer. I bought a set of sets to replace the trashed ones in the 1997 Suburban. Scored a set of power seats with heaters and lumbar from a 1998 GMC Suburban.

My truck has a power driver seat with lumbar but I forgot the passenger seat only has lumber. So long story short I realize that GM varied the wiring harness for how it was optioned. So I have harness and connector to make the drivers seat work except the heating element. The connector for the passenger seat is totally different.

So what should pull out of the donor vehicle when I go back on Sunday? If there is a thread that spells this out I have missed it and hesitate to ask my wife for help. She'll probably decide GMT400 Forums are bad for me because they'll make me think I'm normal.
Hello, did you ever get this to work ? My 96 burb passenger seat has a mechanical seat with lumbar and my buddy will sell me a 98 burb passenger seat with lumbar, power seats and factory heat. Really just need the power seat part to work for now, will wire the heat for later. I’m unable to get his donor body side harness as he needs to keep it. How will the power seat plug into my 96 ? Is there a connector I need on eBay ? Or just splice it ? Many thanks . GB