Pic request, Bracket removal for SAS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally getting back to working on my 98. Seems there's always other crap getting in the way of my fun.

Anyways, i'm wondering what people are doing in regards to the front cross member where the lower control arms originally mounted to. Just leave the whole thing or trim it to get rid of the ears?

Thx for input.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Finally getting back to working on my 98. Seems there's always other crap getting in the way of my fun.

Anyways, i'm wondering what people are doing in regards to the front cross member where the lower control arms originally mounted to. Just leave the whole thing or trim it to get rid of the ears?

Thx for input.

depends on how high you are going, with 4" springs i had to trim ears, with the lift on the current truck there is no chance of it ever getting in the way(8" lift 52" rears up front with a add-a-leaf for more spring rate)

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just trimmed what I needed to in order for my stock 52s to fit. Ultimately, I will build a new crossmember farther forward and cut the factory one completely out. But, for now what I did works.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cut about 6" from the rear most part of the cross member forward off and then boxed it. should be a pic in my build thread where ever that went.

Eventually I will simply cut it off and build something fair smaller, but not a concern right now.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just trimmed what I needed to in order for my stock 52s to fit. Ultimately, I will build a new crossmember farther forward and cut the factory one completely out. But, for now what I did works.

Pretty much the same I did. I just notched out the front factory access hole for the LCA, then plated the area.

You must be registered for see images attach

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I've done a truck where the owner wanted the holes plated. In my opinion, it looks nice but an unneeded step. Unless you wanted to do it that way.