PhotoShop Contest #5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man, I think it's kind of fun to see how much of the original you can use, but that front end had to go. Was that hood off a black truck? You did a good job matching the shade to the fender! Nice!

I agree, I like using as much of the original picture for all the mods. If you look close at mine, there are a ton of subtle body mods done. And That front end was a pain in the ass, the only part off the front end that wasn't based off the original picture on mine was the hood. The hood was a really vibrant lime green to start with! And thanks man!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I agree, I like using as much of the original picture for all the mods. If you look close at mine, there are a ton of subtle body mods done. And That front end was a pain in the ass, the only part off the front end that wasn't based off the original picture on mine was the hood. The hood was a really vibrant lime green to start with! And thanks man!

How did you get the color to match so well?

I tried removing all saturation from the original pic, and the truck I pulled that front end from, but since it was a red truck, the front was a lighter shade of grey than the rest of the truck. That's why I had to do such a dark red (I think I ended up doing a color burn or something), rather than an overlay, because it still didn't match up right.

Then I had to get a black brush and actually paint the rest of the darker reflection you see on the front fender. Everything in front of the door was just red, so I painted in that black to match, but I would have loved to get a cleaner look like you did.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did you get the color to match so well?

I tried removing all saturation from the original pic, and the truck I pulled that front end from, but since it was a red truck, the front was a lighter shade of grey than the rest of the truck. That's why I had to do such a dark red (I think I ended up doing a color burn or something), rather than an overlay, because it still didn't match up right.

Then I had to get a black brush and actually paint the rest of the darker reflection you see on the front fender. Everything in front of the door was just red, so I painted in that black to match, but I would have loved to get a cleaner look like you did.

With 3 different layers of color on the hood.

There is 6-7 steps to get realistic black paint, that involves 10+ layers. First you desaturate the selection, then you darken as your base layer. Then you work off that base for the overlays, and the different filters and colors you lay ontop of that. Its a complicated process that takes quite a while to get the hang of!

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
With 3 different layers of color on the hood.

There is 6-7 steps to get realistic black paint, that involves 10+ layers. First you desaturate the selection, then you darken as your base layer. Then you work off that base for the overlays, and the different filters and colors you lay ontop of that. Its a complicated process that takes quite a while to get the hang of!

i sure would like to see that done in action to understand how you do it