Photographing a '97 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got to photograph my friend's '97 truck back in august for a truck spotlight story. It was a blast to shoot, and Im fairly happy with how they turned out, I'm too much of a perfectionist, so there's still things I'd like to change on them, but all due considering, I like them. We got really lucky with the beautiful sky/clouds that day.

He's not a member on the forum here, but I thought y'all would enjoy seeing it: http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/spotlight/whipped383.html

The article has all the info on the truck, but since this is the photo/video section, I'd post up info on my camera rig for the other photography guys like me out there...

Body: Nikon D800
Lenses used: Nikkor 24mm f3.5D PC-E Tilt/Shift, Nikkor 14-24 f2.8G, Nikkor 24-70 f2.8G
Lighting: 2x PCB Einstein E640 Monolights w/7" reflectors (no diffusion)

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
Awesome pics and sounds like a great build. I'll have to hunt down the build thread at some point. I really need to do more reading on the 411 swap. That's something I'm definitely wanting to do to my truck