Performance help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerry mize

Reaction score
I have a 97 Z71 k1500 the engine finally took a dump at 300k I have it on the stand but have already ordered a new 375 hp crate engine waiting for it to arrive wondering what upgrades are worth the money as I get things ready for new engine any help would be grate I already have after market throttle from old engine

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you looking to keep it fuel injected? If you ordered a vortec style 350 SBC I would re-install everything from the old vortec engine (intake up) and run that set-up. If the new engine has a larger duration cam from stock then you would be getting into the weeds of what you'll need to do next. Need to know what this new crate 375 hp engine is and your current ideas and intentions.

jerry mize

Reaction score
The new engine is supposed to be able to run the stock injection set up I ordered upgraded injectors and I have a after market throttle body from th old engine and cold air intake also have a msd distributor , cool and wires from old engine my intentions are simple this truck is baby I pull a horse trailer and dump trailer every once and a while and I love being hell I'll pull it guy