People like this...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a $2k truck. No leather, bad paint, TBI not vortec, only a half ton. Much better trucks out there for the money.
$6,000? No, $2,000? Way low. He is a little high on price, but it's a nice truck. Where is the bad paint? Might be a little faded, but the clear coat is still on it. Drop it down to $4,000 and it would be a much better deal. There are better options for trucks for that price though.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
My $1800 97 k2500 SLT has me spoiled. I'd never pay that much for a 95.

I think a lot of sellers mix up "low miles" with "low miles for it's age"

And when they do, they tend to look more at the "low miles" than they do the desirable options. (or lack thereof)

The majority of us on this site may take a particular liking to them, but they're not an ultra desirable, low production, hard to find in any condition classic. And as such, the "low miles tax" doesn't really apply to them like it does to other collectible vehicles. They are for the most part still work or family vehicles to to be used and abused. In most cases you'd be a fool to buy one from a seller that's already trying to price it like it's a hard to find classic.

I don't think the price is insane, but it's definitely on the higher end of the scale on a truck that to me doesn't have a lot going for it. As has been said, at that age being low miles is no indication of reliability or wear. Plastics/rubbers dry rot, fluids develop slow leaks and are allowed to be run low while the vehicle sits for extended periods of time...
If you're buying a low mileage vehicle so as to not worry about it, this obviously isn't going to be the one. It doesn't really fit well into any particular market other than the interior being in better shape than others when looking for a cheap truck.

As someone who works hard for my money, I'd never bring my self to pay anywhere near that much knowing there are far better deals out there. And when it comes down to it, which matters more? What KBB/the seller says it's worth, or what others are actually selling for?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'd much rather pay $5-6k for that same truck and keep the rest in my pocket.

I just want to clarify here that when I said "I'd much rather pay $5-6k for that same truck..." I was referring to the theoretical 50,000 mile really good condition truck, not the one in the ad.

I personally wouldn't pay anywhere near $6k for the one in the ad.