People like this...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
6k is a tad high but 5k would be fair to both the buyer and seller. You can negotiate down as a seller but you can't negotiate up!

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ole 400s are getting hard to find, especially here in the rust belt. I would consider spending $10k on a 400 with less than 50k miles before I would go buy a used 2013 with 50k miles for $30k...

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
The ole 400s are getting hard to find, especially here in the rust belt. I would consider spending $10k on a 400 with less than 50k miles before I would go buy a used 2013 with 50k miles for $30k...

Not me. For that kind of money, I'd be looking at something newer. I like these trucks and all, but that's too much in my opinion.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Not me. For that kind of money, I'd be looking at something newer. I like these trucks and all, but that's too much in my opinion.
Somthing newer less durable and more ugly lol

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Not sure on whether our trucks are more durable or not and getting one with low mileage doesn't guarantee it's going to be good on maintenance and repair. There's still the age factor. Rubber and plastic rot, metal rusts, critters ...crit? Beauty is subjective. Their style is dated as 90's trucks and there is a prestige factor in driving something newer. And these trucks' value is on paper lower than $10k. An insurance company wouldn't pay that kind of money if it was totalled.

But I'm sure someone out there would sell someone a low mileage 90's truck for $10k! And enjoy the hell out of that extra $4k.

I'd much rather pay $5-6k for that same truck and keep the rest in my pocket.

On the flip side, if anyone really wants a low mileage 400 and will pay $10k for it, let me know and I'll definitely find one.

TXVortec454

Reaction score
That's a $2k truck. No leather, bad paint, TBI not vortec, only a half ton. Much better trucks out there for the money.