Parking lights take forever.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When i turn my headlights on my parking lights take forever to come on. They usually dont untill i start driving. which is bad since they are associated with my tailights. Could this be just needing a new switch.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the dash lights come on right away, or do they kick on afterwards? I had a similar problem, daytime lights came on (and stayed on once headlight switch was turned on) but parking lights, tail lights, license plate lights, and dash lights didn't come on unless I smacked the dash pretty hard. Replaced the switch and all was fixed. Some of the more electrical saavy guys could recommend how to test for currents and find faulty grounds, perhaps. Good luck...

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man I'm pretty sure it's the switch! I just had the same problem! I'd hit my lights and I'd see headlights so I thought I was good, then people on the highway would be honking and waving at me! I knew if my dash lights weren't on neither were parking or taillights! I just replaced my switch last week and no problem since!