Painting emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Has anyone tried painted chrome emblems? And know how well they hold up? I want to paint my chrome emblems on my new truck red, but their chrome. So i need to know if theirs a way to prep them right? Or is their a metallic red that i could just spray over them to keep the metallic of the chrome, with red shade in it?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
im probably going to try plasti dip to see what it looks like, but i want something perminant... Also plasti dip, i found it very doll looking.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want an anodized look, you can kandy over the chrome and it will give it that look similar what they do to tint headlights. If you want to paint them and there plastic sand them down with 320 or 400 to ruff them up then paint them.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If there plastic emblems that are chrome plated. if you soak them in brake fluid itll make the chrome peel off. Ive never tried to paint over it after but i did it just to see if it worked and it does take chrome off of plastic lol

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Yeah... that sounds like a good ideer too. Ive tried it in javex before too... that works. Never tried painting after either! lol