Paint question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Needs15 yes she used a rattle can, duplicolor. Since that pic was taking I ditched the red grille and put an all black one on. The black grille with the red bumper and black impact strip looks great. IMO. I’m saving now for a full repaint bumpers and all. Got a bunch of quotes, ranging from $1300 to $7000.
You can get most any paint code mixed ready to go paint in the rattle can from automotive touch up, they use your color code and mix it in the spray bomb, before I had my truck painted I used there stuff to match my mirrors, and grill panel. The match was dead on. once it is clear coated it looks great. I also ordered from them when I rebuilt the drip rail on the G20 van and that was a dead ringer for the color code. www.automotivetouchup.com

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even with an exact-match-by-code paint, red is tough to match.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even with an exact-match-by-code paint, red is tough to match.
Exactly, if not from the same batch it may be off even if same code mix.. And sometimes different air settings and spray pattern can create a different look. Especially in metallic's .

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had our own mix it system, and red was basically still a no go. If there was a definite body line to stop the blend on, it was ok, but never good.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get most any paint code mixed ready to go paint in the rattle can from automotive touch up, they use your color code and mix it in the spray bomb, before I had my truck painted I used there stuff to match my mirrors, and grill panel. The match was dead on. once it is clear coated it looks great. I also ordered from them when I rebuilt the drip rail on the G20 van and that was a dead ringer for the color code.

Can they match 20+ years of single coat AZ sun fade too? LOL