Paint codes discrepancy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
So the RPO codes on my vin say my truck is majestic teal metallic and tan 2 tone. But the duplicolor rattle can in emerald green metallic matches my body color perfectly. On the other hand I cannot seem to find majestic teal.

So was majestic teal replaced by emerald green? Is my cab and vin not original. There are signs of not factory paint work and some shoddy body work. Was the whole truck repainted. There's no signs pointing to it. Underbody matches. Inside doors match. Under hood. Inside fenders. Tailgate and bed all match.

Tyler/T-Unit

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Well we all know that your truck is not teal and it appears to me that it IS emerald green metallic. What does the RPO code say in the glove box?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well we all know that your truck is not teal and it appears to me that it IS emerald green metallic. What does the RPO code say in the glove box?

Replaced glovebox before I knew what RPO codes were. :idiot: yep that's me. Lol. No pics of it either. I looked up paint chips. And majestic teal looks very close to my color. Idk if its the light from the pics or what but they look the same when I googled it.

Tyler/T-Unit

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
From the pics in your sig it doesn't look teal to me, but they're small. Don't think I've seen many teal two tones before.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Exactly! I've looked for majestic teal cars and there were camaros and buick stuff. Never seen a TEAL Buick. Can't find teal anything. Colormatched rattle or scratch filler. I've done a little investigating. That's why I'm like :wtf: is going on here Willis.

Tyler/T-Unit